COMSOC North American Chapter Chair Meeting
35th North America Chapter Chairs Congress in Kansas City, MO, USA
The IEEE ComSoc NA Region Chapter Chairs Congress (NA RCCC) will be held on May 19-20, 2018 in Kansas City, MO, in conjunction with ICC 2018.
The objective of NA RCCC 2018 is a forum that provides the chapter chairs with focused training and workshops that will help the chairs to maintain the chapter vitality, increase the chapter activities , and serving their members and communities. The Congress encourages sharing, feedback, and networking among chapter chairs, ComSoc officers, and staff.
This time the Agenda of ComSoc-NA-RCCC 2018 has been focused to address the main issues concerning the membership and the retention of our Society. The theme of the Congress is “Let’s Work Together as One Team to Increase ComSoc Activities that Leads to Membership Increase and Retention”.
NA RCCC 2016 was hosted and chaired by NA Region Director, Wahab Almuhtadi.
The Congress had a lot of dynamics, interaction, and sharing among the chapter chairs, ComSoc Officers, Staff, and trainers. Topics presented and discussed at the NA RCCC 2018 are as follows:
- Director Message “Increase ComSoc Activities Leads to Membership Increase and Retention”, Wahab Almuhtadi, North America Region Director
- ComSoc President’s talk on membership and retention, Khaled B. Letaief
- Member & Global Activities Report, Nei Kato, Vice President, MGA
- Executive Director’s Report, Susan Brooks, Staff
- Technical Activities & Industry Outreach, Adam Greenberg, Staff
- “Identification and Prioritization of Hot Topics and Challenges“, Facilitated by Panel Discussion; ALL ATTENDEES
- vTools Training and Workshop, Mike Fallenstein, vTools Committee Chair
- vTools eNotice
- vTools Events (Meetings)
- WebEx Request Form
- vTools Officer Reporting
- OU Analytics
- IEEE Web Hosting
- Remote Conferencing and Screencasting
- Survey Access Request Form
- IEEE Vitality Dashboard (focused on the Chapter)
- MD Training and Workshop, Kerrianne Sullivan, MD Manager, and Raed Abdullah, ComSoc NAB Secretary
- Elevator Pitch for Recruiting New Members
- IEEE Member Grade Elevation on IEEE.org
- Recruitment Best Practices
- Membership Reporting Training
- Center for Leadership Excellence
- First Year Member Toolkit
- MD Manual – English
- Benefits of Membership
- Retention Best Practices
- MD Officer Training presentation
- MD Officer Training
- MINUTES of the 35th ComSoc North America Regional Chapter Chairs Congress 2018 (NA RCCC 2018)
Kansas City, MO, USA, May 19-20, 2018, in conjunction with ICC 2018.
- 5 IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATIONS raised by North American Region and presented by Wahab Almuhtadi on May 22, 2018 at ComSoc BoG f-2-f for approval and implementation.
Left to right – Row 1: Sundar M. Sundaramurthy (Worcester County), Anna Romaniuk (Baltimore), Fawzi Behmann (NAB Vice Chair), Khaled B. Letaief (ComSoc President), Wahab Almuhtadi (North America Region Director), Susan Brooks (ComSoc Executive Director), Erman Hammad (Toronto), Julia Upton (Maine), Irfan Leteef (NJ Coast-ComSoc), Kafi Hassan (Northern Virginia), Song Guo (Member Services Director), Carole Cronin (Staff), Kerrianne Sullivan (Staff).
Row 2: Zhensheng Zhang (R6 Representative), Nei Kato (Member and Global Activities Vice President), Tim Weil (Denver), Titus Lo (Seattle), Paul Cotae (R2 Representative), Scott Atkinson (NAB Past Director), Doug Holly (Washington DC), Francois Chan (Kingston), Cheng Li (Newfoundland & Labrador), Devon Gayle (Jamaica), .
Row 3: Newman Wilson (R1 Representative), Larry Horner (R5 Representative), Raed Abdullah (NAB Secretary), David Lips (Atlanta), Qiang Ye (Canadian Atlantic).
Not pictured: Mehdi Roopaei (San Anotnio), Adam Greenberg (Technical Activities and Industry Outreach Director), Mike Fallenstein (vTools Committee Chair).